For a small business, the last few years have been quite the economic roller coaster. We’re all cutting back and learning to do more with less, making strategic decisions when it comes to investing money in advertising and marketing. While there’s no need to spend big bucks on expensive advertising agencies or costly local TV spots, don’t gut your graphic design budget. Now, more than ever, graphic design makes good business sense.
It’s All About Graphic Design
Not convinced it pays to invest in the best graphic design services? Consider the opportunity cost of bad design. Bad graphic design not only hurts your brand, but it also scares off potential customers. The best design instantly communicates important information about your business, products and services. Bad design leaves potential customers confused, sending them away from your store or business. Investing in the best design up front may cost more initially, but you’ll save (and make) more in the long run.
Here are five smart graphic design tips for your small business:
- A timeless logo design. Great logo designs don’t just build a brand; great logos ARE the brand. From outdoor signage and magnetic decals to business cards and letterhead, your logo will be on everything that your business does. The best graphic designers can create a logo that instantly evokes your business, creating an emotional connection with potential customers through the use of design elements like color and typeface.
- Outdoor signage. Professionally announce your place of business with an outdoor sign. Advertise products and services any hour of the day or night. Reach hundreds of new potential customers daily without lifting a finger. Spending money on professional outdoor signage is a smart business choice. Just be sure to consult with a graphic designer and sign specialist to ensure your design is easily read day or night, no matter how quickly traffic goes speeding by.
- Vehicle graphics. Don’t just drive your car, turn it into an advertising machine with vinyl window graphics or a full body car wrap. In a crowded sea of advertisements, vehicle graphics instantly command attention. Unfortunately, bad graphic design and poor graphic application can turn your advertising machine into a sloppy looking vehicle. If incorrectly applied, your vehicle graphic could crack, bubble or peel after just a few months. Invest the money up front, and your graphic can last for up to seven years, while protecting your car’s finish from the elements. Talk about multitasking!
- Magnetic business cards. Traditional paper business cards are a huge waste of marketing dollars. Most cards end up forgotten in a desk drawer or tossed in the trash. Magnetic business card with your logo and contact information stick to filing cabinets, company break room fridges and home fridges, too! Your information will be instantly accessible.
- Point of sale signage. The fastest way to upsell or increase your sales is through point of sale signage. Rather than being a pushy salesman, let your signage doing the talking through powerful graphic design. A simple sign with a clean design clearly promotes your products, services and brand, providing the opportunity to upsell in group packages or other specials.